Monday, September 8, 2008

Booking a show from the Amazing Aaron

So, you want a juggling show? Here's what you need to do:

View the available shows page to get an idea of what is available, then send e-mail to aaron AT damommio DOT com.

Let me know:

  • The date of the show.
  • The age range of the audience.
  • Any special requests (fire? unicycle?) or things to avoid (fire? knives?)
  • Your contact information (e-mail and phone, including a day-of-the-show phone number for emergencies).
And consider what I'll need:
  • Performance space: Usually a 10' diameter semicircle, unless I'm doing a wandering juggler act.
  • Light: Juggling takes light....lots more than a music act needs.
  • Sound: I don't require sound amplification. But are there other activities going on that will drown out my mostly verbal act? I'll need to know about them; we should discuss the situation. Are there noisy machines? Air conditioners? Musical acts? Yes, I have a painful anecdote for each of these. :)  Hey, I can do a silent act if I need to, but I'd like to know that before I get there. 
When I get your message, I'll get back to you to let you know whether I'm available, quote you a price, and talk about any remaining details.

No comments: